Wednesday, July 14, 2010

A quick post!


Well, another quick and miscellaneous post together my thoughts!


It's Wednesday the 14th and a beautiful day in Christchurch! The winter weather is suitable enough for a long sleeve shirt and a light leather jacket.

Cooking a french au jus roast sandwiches in the slow cooker, should be quite delicious. Onion soup, beer, beef stock, and a rump roast is all thats needed (I added a few diced vegetables due to my mother mentality engraved in the back of my head)

Last night I saw the show Waiting For Godot in the city, and it was great! I fell asleep during some of the second act, actually make that 80% of the second act. But what I saw i absolutely loved. I was standing next to Ian Mckellen in the lobby while picking up my tickets, although i didnt realize once the lady at the counter pointed out this fact.

Let me spin you a strong yarn (let's have a serious conversation)

Wandering the city at night is a pleasurable experience, the restaurants look like great eateries, and the grounds of the city are so nice! I can't wait to see this gorgeous city in the summer. I also noticed that everyone here has a sort of, higher intelligence level overall than back in the states. At the theatre noone was rude and took any flash photography, and all that was needed to remind people to turn off their cell phones was an annoying ring over the PA system. People here are rather quiet in this conservative time, but when spoken to they have a humorous, courteous and light-hearted manner about them.

oh, I came here for school, right.

Electricity and magnetism is a great course, but they jump quickly into the meat of the course, and i have quite a bit of physics to relearn rather quickly.

quantum mechanics dove straight into wave interference and Braggs interference in electron penetration, which I learned quite a bit off the bat.

I joined a lot of clubs!!!!

Ski and Snowboard club

Tramping (Hiking Club)

Motosoc (motorsports club with dirt biking, 4wd and car racing activities, not to mention a great network to join for findind a motorcycle over hear!)

Engineers Without Borders

SEAL Club (Super Exciting And Lovable, which hosts strange events like wear a suit and go to a laser tag, disco on ice, and has a great shirt that says I heart Seal Clubbing. haha)

Bussoc (a bus that goes from bar to bar to see the city)

Sinnerman (musical theatre, although i probably wont take part, just see a bunch of music and theatre shows.)



Anyway, off to the kayaking club BBQ, i wanted to join but im just going to join in on a weekend trip sometime later this semester



so much for a quick post.

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like there are not enough activities for you to do! Is it a large school? What is the class size?

    ReplyDelete
  2. theres over 20,000 kids in U of Canterbury. quantum mechanics has about 90, electricty about 70 and my other classes about 50

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been wondering if you need a course in time management or if you should write a book on the subject.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Luke! You're making me feel like a slacker!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All those clubs sound awesome! I can't wait to hear more about about them/ see pictures! Glad you are taking advantage of everything around you.

    ReplyDelete